Indian election fever hits Google
15th General elections of India – the largest democratic event in human history. All public News Channels, leading News Papers have already got into the discussion and conducting so many surveys. Google also joins in the row to have election fever.
Google today, 06 April 2009, announced the launch of the Google India Elections Centre in partnership with Hindustan Times. This is a milestone in Indian election history.
Google India blog says,
People from across India can use the centre to do the following:
- Confirm their voter registration status
- Discover their polling location
- View their constituency on a map
- Consume relevant election-related news, blogs, videos, and quotations
- Evaluate the status of development in their constituency across a range of indicators
- Learn about the background of their Member of Parliament and this year’s candidates
This website is available in two languages – English and Hindi
Visit the website Google India Election Centre – Lok Sabha 2009 to explore more.