How to make a conference call in GTalk?
Conference talk is one of most often used feature in internet. Users wish to have conference talk with their friends and family online. Now a days most of us are using GTalk. One of the limitations in GTalk is, we can’t do conference talk in GTalk. This always force the users to use Yahoo. I still wonder why don’t Gtalk support conference talk?
There is a way to do a conference in GTalk. This can be achieved by launching multiple instances of GTalk. GTalk allows us to launch multiple GTalk instances (this is not being supported by yahoo). Do the following to get multiple instances.
Way 1: To edit existing Google Talk shortcut
- Right click on the Google Talk shortcut.
- On the contextual menu, click on Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab on Properties window.
- On the Target textbox, add in the /nomutex to the end of the line so that it looks like the following. “c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex or you can simply copy and paste the above syntax and replace the original.
- Click on OK.
Way 2: To create a new shortcut for Google Talk
- Right-click on the desktop or anywhere you want to place the GTalk shortcut.
- Select New on the right click context menu.
- Then select Shortcut.
- Copy and paste the following line to the text box when prompted to type the location of the item: “c:\program files\google\google talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
- Click on Next.
- Give the shortcut a proper name (e.g. Google Talk or Google Talk Multiple)
- Click OK until you are done.
Now you can launch multiple instances of GTalk by clicking your newly created/modified GTalk icon.
How to have a conference talk in GTalk?
Let us say Person A, B and C want to have conference through GTALK. Then each one have to launch two instances of GTalk (say A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1, C2)
If they call each other in the following fashion then they are in conference call in Gtalk.
A1 - B1, A2 - C1 and B2 - C2